Prenatal massage is specifically customized for an expectant mother’s needs. During pregnancy, a woman’s body undergoes many dramatic physical changes. As the baby grows and the uterus expands, many women experience pain and discomfort due to altered weight distribution and lengthened ligaments.
The benefits of massage can improve overall prenatal health for pregnant women:
- Reduces back, neck, and hip pain
- Relieves stress on weight -bearing joints
- Reduces sciatic pain
- Eases muscle cramping in lower legs
- Relaxation and emotional support
- Alleviates headaches and sinus congestion
- Helps maintain proper posture
- Decreases pregnancy-induced insomnia
- Lessens swelling in hands and feet
- Reduces carpal tunnel symptoms
Women may begin massage therapy at any point in their pregnancy – during the first, second, or third trimester. During your massage at Waterdown Village Chiropractic & Wellness Group, your body is properly positioned and supported using special pregnancy pillows and padding to ensure your optimal comfort and safety.
At Waterdown Village Chiropractic & Wellness Group, we are excited to become an integral part of your prenatal care team!