Amanda Holmes now offers services as a doula for those looking for a more natural approach to their birth experience. A doula is someone trained in childbirth who assists both the labouring woman and her birth partner during the birth of the baby. A doula provides comfort measures, emotional support and education before during and after your birth.
Doulas will nurture and empower the laboring woman as she goes through one of the most important events in her life and provide support and encouragement to the primary lauuor companion, which compliments, rather than replaces their important role. In circumstances where there is not another primary labor partner the doula would be there for the mother as her primary support.
Why should I have a doula?
Studies have shown that when a doula attends births labours are shorter, there are fewer complications and there is less need for oxytocin, forceps, vacuum extraction, epidurals and caesarean deliveries. Here are some facts:
- 25% shorter labour
- 60% reduction of epidural requests
- 40% reduction of oxytocin use
- 40% reduction of forceps delivery
- 50% reduction of caesarean rate
RMT as a Labor Support Provider/Doula
Amanda’s doula package includes:
- 1 prenatal visit (approx.. 1.5-2 hrs)
- Unlimited phone/text/email support throughout your pregnancy
- On-call 24/7 for labour and delivery from 2 weeks prior to due date to 10 days after your due date
- 1 to 2 hours postpartum after birth care
- Unlimited information and resource support
A doula is there for her clients when needed, so Amanda will be taking on only a limited number of patients at one time. Complimentary 15 min doula consult sessions are available if you would like to meet Amanda in person and talk about your birth plan.