Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
We believe health begins from the inside
Our pelvic health physiotherapists perform full, individualized assessments of posture, movement, strength, and flexibility of the hips, back, pelvis, internal pelvic muscles and other areas as needed. There is an emphasis on core stability muscles and breathing patterns and how they function together as a team to create stability and alignment.
Pelvic health physiotherapy is becoming more widely accepted as a first-line of defense against incontinence and pelvic pain. Pelvic floor dysfunction can be caused by:
- Hypertonicity (tight pelvic floor muscles)
- Hypotonicity (weak pelvic floor muscles)
Our physiotherapists treat both men and women who have or are currently experiencing:
- Pelvic, back, abdominal or hip pain
- Urinary or fecal incontinence
- Pregnancy and postpartum (women only)
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pain with endometriosis or dysmenorrhea
- Post-prostatectomy incontinence or pain
- Among others
Using multiple manual techniques, treatment will be tailored to patients needs and may include:
- Internal pelvic floor release
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Exercise therapy
- Manual therapy for the spine, pelvis, hip or extremities
Dr. Taylor Thompson, Family Chiropractor, is currently leading a pelvic floor and core postnatal rehab program with new classes starting every 6 weeks! For more information, and to register, click here!
Please Note: Kegels are NOT always appropriate for pelvic floor problems and can sometimes do more harm than good when NOT performed correctly.
If you are looking for more information on our physiotherapy services, we invite you to connect with us.