Massage is a relaxing and therapeutic practice that benefits both babies and their parents. Studies have shown that nurturing touch promotes essential physical and psychological development of a growing infant.
- Strengthened bonding and attachment between parent and baby through skin-to-skin contact
- Increases baby’s body awareness through sensory stimulation of the nervous system
- Improved communication by watching, listening and responding to baby’s unique cues in reaction to touch
- Encourages relaxation
- Promotes deeper, longer sleep
- Stimulates blood flow
- Helps relieve discomfort from gas and constipation by stimulating the gastrointestinal system
At Waterdown Village Chiropractic & Wellness Group, we provide a safe, relaxing, instructional massage for your baby. Many mothers are naturally inclined to perform some form of massage on their baby but may enjoy learning new ideas or techniques. An infant massage session also provides a positive way for fathers and other family to learn how to become more involved in nurturing baby through touch.